Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Child's Prayer



In church today we talked a lot about being Thankful.... It made me really think about all of the blessings I have in my life!! I wanted to share a little bit of what I learned today with all of you!!
My spirit was so uplifted today!!!
I love the song above..... God is there and he does answer every child's prayer.
That brings me to our first topic of today.... 
1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his awill, he bheareth us:
This really got me thinking. I some times pray for what I think is best.... For what I want to happen. Sometimes what the Lord wants for us is far better than what we could hope for ourselves.

Then we talked about loving one another..... I love the things I learned!
1 John 4:16 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that adwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:18 18 There is no afear in blove; but perfect clove casteth out fear: because fear hath dtorment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
I love this sooooo much!!! There is no fear in love!! I love my son!! I am going to go and get him!!! There are things that I fear about leaving my comfort zone, but there is no fear in my love!!! My heart feels peace for the first time in a long time!!! 

Hoping this helps one of you the way it has helped me.... I'm also going to leave you the words to a few of the songs we sang today..... He was speaking to me today.... I just know it!

"Because I have been given much, I too must give; Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live. I shall divide my gifts from thee, with every brother that I see who has the need of help from me. Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord. I'll share thy love again, according to Thy word. I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed: Thus shall my thanks be thanks in deed."

  1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
    • Refrain:
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      *Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
      [*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]
  2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
    Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.
  3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
    Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
    Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy
    Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
  4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
    Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
    Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
    Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

We actually sang the following Children's song in our adult class today..... We teach our children this song when they are little, but it never hurts to go back to the basics.
1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
Chorus 
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”
I have been thinking a lot lately about my Savior!!! I am thankful he "paid" the price for me!
I want to thank a person that commented on my last blog saying I was "paying" for my son!! 
Nothing in life is "free". I will gladly "pay" whatever it costs to bring my son home!!
Thank You all who have been supporting us in our journey!

Doctrine and Covenants 132:48

48 And again, verily I say unto you, my servant Joseph, that whatsoever you give on earth, and to whomsoever you give any one on earth, by my word and according to my law, it shall be visited withblessings and not cursings, and with my power, saith the Lord, and shall be without condemnation on earth and in heaven.


Your blessings are coming friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jaclyn, your words are balm for my soul after I had an extremely difficult day at church. I just have to know that blessings are around the corner....if not for me, then at least I hope for the twins....
    Feeling a heavy heart today,
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete